TMS/CIR- 51/19-20 Date: 6th August 2019
Dear Parents, Greetings!
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AWARDS 2019-20
‘ANIMALS IN PERIL OF THE WORLD’
In this academic session 2019-20 The Millennium School Indore has initiated the process to instill global dimension into the learning experience and registered for the British Council International School Awards 2019-20 (ISA). In continuation to this, various international themed projects have been integrated with the Millennium Learning System and whole school ethos.
‘Animals in Peril of the world’ is one of the curriculum activities of ISA.
As we all know, many animals around the world are at risk of extinction. So to create awareness and express the plight of the endangered species and animals of the chosen countries of study (India, Cyprus, China, Australia, United Kingdom and Africa), an ‘English Poem Recitation’ has been planned for the children in the TDP English Public Speaking Club ‘Speakers Hub’.
Language teachers will guide the students with Poem recitation technique, style and rules.
You are requested to note the following details of the event:
- Topic of English poem recitation: On any one of the following endangered species or theme including them; Tiger/ Panda/ Sea Turtle/ Elephant (African/ Asian)/ Dolphin/ Rhino/ Seal/ Chimpanzee/ any other endangered species or bird.
- Unique and novel poems written by children will be highly appreciated.
- Children should submit the final poem to TDP teachers by 16th August 2019. No changes will be allowed on the final day of event.
- Children have to come in regular school uniform on the day of event.
- Props: any handy creative prop may be used.
- Children should carry creative script of the poem for presentation.
- Date: Wednesday 21st August 2019
- Time limit: 2-3 minutes
- Poem recitation will be assessed by Language teachers.
- Assessment parameters: Distinctiveness of content, diction, pronunciation, facial expression and presentation.
- Please motivate your child to participate in the event and address a global issue in a poetic form on a public platform.
Best of Luck!
The Millennium School, Indore