24th June 2015 CircularNo.15-16/TMS/005
Dear Parents / Guardians,
Greetings from The Millennium Team!!
TMS is making great efforts to ensure that the children acquire diverse learning skills with the help of experienced experts and so we are happy to intimate you that the school has decided to collaborate with Educational Initiatives(EI )to conduct School Improvement Program through ASSET (Assessment of Scholastic Skills through Educational Testing ) & TERI Green Quiz.
ASSET has made an invaluable contribution in the field of education for past 13 years by benchmarking, assessing high order thinking skills and providing results in an actionable form to help the teachers to further strengthen the learning improvement process. This test is not only conducted in India but has a popular following in schools abroad in various countries like Nepal, Bangladesh Middle East and Singapore. More than thousand schools in India have conducted it and the Learning levels of more than 1 million students have been assessed.
Parents need to ensure that their ward does not miss the opportunity of appearing in the ASSET Exam. The benefits of the exam are:
1. Tests conceptual understanding of students without prior preparation.
2. Continuous and regular diagnostic analysis of the student's performance highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.
3. Provides practice questions along with the explanations and answers for the concepts that require improvement.
4. The National benchmarking helps parents to identify the child's strengths and prepare their ward for competitive entrance examinations in future.
5. Top performers at national level in each subject will be awarded a trophy and certificate
6. Talent Identification: 7th and 8th graders performing exceptionally well in the ASSET test are invited to participate in the Duke Talent Identification Program and the participants receive numerous Educational Opportunities to further their academic talents. More information on www.tip.duke.edu
Fee : For ASSET
1. English + Maths + Science (Classes 3 to 10) – Rs. 510/-
2. Social Studies (Classes 5 to 10) – Rs. 200/- optional participation
3. Hindi (Classes 4 to 8 ) – Rs. 200/- optional participation
The TERI GREEN Quiz is designed in an innovative manner to test the knowledge of students in the field of environment and in turn create awareness about issues touching their daily lives. This annual initiative reaches out to regions across India having limited access to such educational programmes. The purpose is to improve and expand environment education both at the National and International level. The TERI GREEN Quiz is open to students from classes VIII, IX and X
It is mandate for the students of IX and X to take the Exam.
Fee : For TERI Green Quiz
The Examination fee for the TERI Green Quiz is Rs. 75/- only.
Parents are requested to fill up the form along with the choice of the optional subjects and send the fee in cash by Friday, 10th July 2015.
Rachna Sharma Madhu Tandon
Academic Coordinator Prinicipal